Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Forsyth Harasser

This happened this August. It was around 1:30 in the afternoon and I had just got off work. I picked up some stuff from Kroger and I was walking through Forsyth park with groceries to grab something from Brighter Day. This old man approaches me and cat-calls me. I say “Excuse me?!” and the dude says that I “Don’t need to get an attitude.” I ignore him and keep walking.

I come out of Brighter Day and walk back the way I came through the park. The old man is sitting on a bench, waiting for me, and gets up as soon as he notices me. He starts to follow me and then cuts across the grass to approach me from the front. The whole time he's catcalling me. I'm alone and laden down with groceries and this man is trying to follow me home. Needless to say, I'm starting to become afraid of what he might do and I can't get away or get help fast enough with all the groceries.

I put down my groceries and tell him off. He pauses and starts walking towards me with, "Sweetie, I'm just having fun." I say, "You're pissing me off." and I pull out my mace. Dude backs away, holding up his hands and saying, "I'm sorry!" -- Damn, right, douche. Damn right.


Submitted by Jen on 10/19/2009

Location: Forsyth Park